Admission to the MBA Program
ADMISSIONS REQUIREMENTS FOR THE MASTER OF BUSINESS ADMINISTRATION PROGRAM
● ATMU Application for Admissions.
● Bachelor’s degree
● Proof of English language proficiency (see section below).
● Payment of a non-refundable application fee of $500
ENGLISH LANGUAGE PROFICIENCY ELIGIBILITY FOR MBA PROGRAM ADMISSIONS
Prospective students whose native language is not English and who have not earned a degree from an appropriately accredited institution where English is the principal language of instruction must demonstrate college-level proficiency in English through one of the following for admission:
1. A minimum score of 530 on the paper-based Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL PBT), or 71 on the Internet Based Test (iBT), a 6.5 on the International English Language Test (IELTS), or 50 on the Pearson Test of English Academic Score Report.
2. A minimum score on the College Board Accuplacer ESL Exam Series as follows:
ESL Language Use: Score of 85
ESL Listening: Score of 80
ESL Reading: Score of 85
ESL Sentence Meaning: Score of 90 ESL Writeplacer: Score of 4
Comprehensive Score for all exams of 350
3. A minimum grade of Pre-1 on the Eiken English Proficiency Exam.
4. A minimum B-2 English proficiency level identified within the Common European Framework of Reference (CEFR) standards and assessed through various ESOL examinations, including the University of Cambridge.
5. A transcript indicating completion of at least 30 semester credit hours with an average grade of “B” or higher at an institution accredited by an agency recognized by the United States Secretary of Education and/or the Council for Higher Education Accreditation (CHEA), or accepted foreign.
Students who meet all of the application eligibility requirements for the MBA program* and who earned their bachelor’s degree from a country other than the United States will be granted conditional admission to the MBA program. These students will be required to pass a 2-week, 15-hour non-credit course in academic research and writing. Once the student passes this course, his/her admissions status will be changed from conditional or “full”
Student Enrollment Process
Step 1: Acceptance into the program:
When students are successful in all steps of the admission process -including demonstrated English proficiency – and documents have been received, ATMU will issue an acceptance letter to student.