Strategic Management in Marketing
This course examines strategic management in the field of business administration in terms of contents, process and context and provides the foundation for the student’s capstone project and paper. The course addresses issues of internal and external environment analysis and associates them with the notion of competitive advantage. The course defines strategy at three levels (corporate, business and functional) and is thoroughly discussed at the business and functional level. The roles and responsibilities of managers involved in the decision-making process are also examined.
The objectives of this course are:
- To provide students with a broad understanding of strategic management concepts and theories and their importance and application to the field of business administration
- To enable students to acquire strategic decision making skills and conduct case analyses in the field of business administration with specialization in marketing management
- To enable students to understand the roles and responsibilities of the key managers in strategic management positions within the organization, with particular emphasis upon decision making at the business level.
- To undertake a study project and write a capstone project paper that demonstrates that the student has mastered knowledge learned in the MBA program with specialization in marketing management and presents the student’s project plan, study, analysis, findings, and recommendations.
MBA Program LEARNING OUTCOMES (PLOs)
At the end of this program, students are expected to be able to:
- Formulate an integrative business project through the application of multidisciplinary knowledge
- Analyze the impact of decisions and actions on stakeholders including interpersonal, societal, environmental, and organizational considerations
- Develop skills to generate novel and value-creating products, processes, or organizational forms
- Demonstrate professional interaction and communication skills
- Apply skills appropriate for senior management professionals, including: analytic thinking, clear communication, effective teamwork, global perspective and ethical practices